This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website located at www.empoweredmovementpt.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Submit to Empowered Movement Physical Therapy & Wellness LLC.
When you register for courses, schedule appointments, pay for services, or use any feature where you submit information, we will collect personal information, including the following:
- Contact information including your name, your mailing address, your email address, and your telephone number.
- Your age or date of birth.
- Your patient account number.
- If you are making payments, your billing and credit card information.
The information we collect may also include:
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes and other information you submit to us or which is included in any of your submissions.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Collection Technologies.
Some information is automatically received and collected from you when you use the Website. This information may include information such as the following:
- The Internet domain from which you access the Website.
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using and the name of your Internet Service Provider.
- The type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system.
- The date and time you access our Website and the length of your stay.
- Information about your mobile device, including the device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
We may also collect general, non‑identifying statistical information in connection with the use of our Website.
We use the information collected through automatic collection to monitor the usage of our Website, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer and mobile device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on our Website. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on usage patterns and other aggregated data, as well as for marketing purposes.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Spooner, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also use analytical tools to collect information about the use of our Website, some of which may be provided by third parties. Those tools collect information including how often you visit our Website and what pages you visit, and may analyze what other websites you used prior to coming to our Website. We use the information receive from those tools only to improve the Website. We may also use analytical tools from time to time to examine other information.
You also may submit, upload, publicly display, post, or transmit files, information, content, messages, feedback, or other data for public disclosure (“User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
How We Use and Share Information
We may use or disclose aggregated information that does not identify any individual without restriction. We may use personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy in connection with the following:
- To process, complete or otherwise act upon or respond to your request or reason for submitting that information.
- To register and/or verify you in connection with a service or feature that you are attempting to access or obtain.
- To communicate with you about your request or reason for submitting that information.
- To provide additional information to you about our services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We do not sell your information to third parties. Except where we otherwise obtain your express permission, we share your personal information only under the limited circumstances stated below:
- With our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and the Website.
- With payment processing companies and credit card authorization companies that receive the credit card numbers and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process a transaction.
- With our subsidiaries, affiliates, and professional advisors.
- With third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
- In response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- To protect our rights or property, to enforce the provisions of this Policy, and/or to prevent harm to you or others.
- If our businesses is sold or offered for sale to another company or person(s), if a petition for relief under the United States Bankruptcy Laws is filed by or against us, or if we become subject to an order of appointment of a trustee or receiver.
- If you communicate with us via email or through other means, we will share your correspondence, including any information provided in the correspondence, with employees, volunteers, representatives or agents asked to address your correspondence. We may retain a copy of the communication for our records.
Our Website includes social media features including Facebook and Instagram. These features may, among other things, collect your IP address and which pages you are visiting on those social media sites. Your interaction with these social media features is governed by the privacy statement of the respective social media companies.
We implement reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and personal information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Third-party Websites
Personal Information about Children
The Website is targeted for use by adults. Accordingly we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. However, we advise all visitors to our Website under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any information on our Website. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protect Act (see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
If at any time you believe that we, or any third-party vendor who is providing a service on or through the Website has not adhered to the policies and principles set forth in this Policy, please notify us using the contact information provided below. We will make all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly address your concerns.
Use of Electronic Mail
Information collected through email may be shared with our customer service group, employees or other third parties that perform services on our behalf. Unless otherwise noted, email on our Website is not a completely secure and confidential means of communication. Non-encrypted email communications may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge and permission while in transit to us.
Questions, Comments and Contact Information